
I had the good fortune of stumbling upon this movie on television the other day. The tagline sounded interesting, so I DVR'd it for another day. Totally glad I ended up watching it.
First off, it's got Superman in it. Really? That's all I think we need to know here. But for those of you who need more, I digress. This movie stars Christopher Reeve (Superman) and Jane Seymour in this piece all about the ability of love through time. Time-travel, that is. (That's the part that got me interested). It's about this man who travels back in time, only to fall in love with a woman- and, well, it goes from there.
The 1900s set is done very well, along with the soft lighting, and wonderful costumes- a very believable setting was created.
I liked this movie, although I definately felt it dated itself with the technology of the time you see in the 1980s scenes. The modern-day parts felt like a 1980s film (which this movie was, so I suppose that's not a problem).
This movie probably wouldn't appeal to most, only those who like romantic films, or maybe even those who like time-travel movies. They have an interesting theory on the ability of time-travel presented in this movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment