
You have a very important date
March 5th, 2010
I couldn't help it... I loved that tag line. While I didn't see Alice in Wonderland (2010) in 3D, I did see it in theaters and it was a visual dessert. At first hesitant with the decision to have Tim Burton direct this, I eventually warmed up (perhaps because of the cast?). The way this was filmed was able to give the film that dream-like quality, but a more grown up version, as this is actually Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass (when Alice goes back to Wonderland).
Alan Rickman (the Caterpillar), Helena Bonham Carter (the Red Queen), Johnny Depp (the Mad Hatter), Stephen Fry (the Cheshire Cat), Timothy Spall (Bayard) and Anne Hathaway (the White Queen). Really? All together? Yes. Who was excited? Oh man. Phenomenal! These talents came together and played off of each other with true artistic talent, making it quite obvious of how they've all gotten so far.
So do I say this is worth seeing? Um... yes! Try to see it in theaters if you can, Cinema Cafe may still be playing it- but try. Great film :)
March 5th, 2010
I couldn't help it... I loved that tag line. While I didn't see Alice in Wonderland (2010) in 3D, I did see it in theaters and it was a visual dessert. At first hesitant with the decision to have Tim Burton direct this, I eventually warmed up (perhaps because of the cast?). The way this was filmed was able to give the film that dream-like quality, but a more grown up version, as this is actually Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass (when Alice goes back to Wonderland).
Alan Rickman (the Caterpillar), Helena Bonham Carter (the Red Queen), Johnny Depp (the Mad Hatter), Stephen Fry (the Cheshire Cat), Timothy Spall (Bayard) and Anne Hathaway (the White Queen). Really? All together? Yes. Who was excited? Oh man. Phenomenal! These talents came together and played off of each other with true artistic talent, making it quite obvious of how they've all gotten so far.
So do I say this is worth seeing? Um... yes! Try to see it in theaters if you can, Cinema Cafe may still be playing it- but try. Great film :)
No comments:
Post a Comment